Golden Honey Mixture – The Strongest Natural Antibiotic
I’ve already written about the wonderfully tasty and healthy Turmeric Golden Milk to treat many ailments. Today, I’d like to share with you another natural turmeric remedy.
Turmeric Golden Honey is considered the strongest antibiotic certified by Ayurveda. The blend of raw honey and turmeric has a very powerful healing potential. It can be used for bacterial and viral infections, as an anti-inflammatory that eases seasonal allergies, and as a general immune booster.
Unlike artificially synthesized drugs, this natural mix comes with no side effects, promotes the beneficial gut flora, and improves digestion.
A research published in July 2010 in FASEB Journal explains how honey kills bacteria. It shows that bees make a certain protein called defensin-1 that they add to the honey. This protein could one day be used to develop new drugs that could combat antibiotic-resistant infections.
Turmeric antimicrobial potential to kill bacteria and viruses have been shown on animal and test-tube experiments, while human studies are still in the very early stages. Using honey, and not just for eating, is also one of the 70 habits featured in my e-book 70 Powerful Habits For A Great Health which will guide you how to take positive steps to improve your wellness and overall health.
Read on to find out how to make the Golden Honey mixture, how to take it, and the things to look out for. Please remember that ingesting honey should be avoided for children who are under 1 year old.
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) raw honey
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper (to optimize turmeric absorption and bio-availability – see more details here)
For some extra kick and additional health benefits you can also add:
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar
Add the turmeric powder and the black pepper to the honey and mix well until smooth. If you’re also using lemon zest and apple cider vinegar, add them as well. Put the mixture in a (preferably) glass, air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to two weeks (don’t consume it if it develops a metallic taste).
Instructions for use:
The amount you take depends on your needs and health problems.
- For general immune support and seasonal allergies, take 1 tablespoon daily.
- If you’re getting over a cold or flu, take half a teaspoon every hour on the first day of your treatment. On the second day, take half a teaspoon every 2 hours. On the third day, half a teaspoon three times a day will suffice. You can find more natural ways to stay free from cold & flu here.
- If you’re treating a respiratory condition (asthma, bronchitis, lung problems), it has been recommended to eat half a teaspoon three times a day.
You should keep Golden Honey in your mouth until it’s completely dissolved.
The blend can also be used as a toast topping. Spread a generous helping of Golden Honey over your whole grain toast and enjoy for breakfast.
Or, add it to your green smoothie.
You can also use the mixture to make tea (or a warm tonic). The brew will be very tasty if you also add lemon. Just mix one tablespoon of Golden Honey with a cup of hot water and enjoy during the day or in the evening.
According to the Indo-Tibetan medicine, turmeric should be taken at different times depending on your health complaint:
- Before eating is best for throat and lungs.
- With food is best for the digestive system.
- After food is best for the colon and kidneys.
Turmeric should not be taken by people who suffer from gallbladder problems. The spice causes contraction of the gallbladder muscles. It also lowers blood pressure and blood sugar levels. This is generally seen as a positive effect, but if you already have low blood pressure or you have issues with your blood sugar levels, consult your doctor first. See more groups that should avoid or limit turmeric consumption in my article turmeric should be avoided by these people.
Read my related articles:
1. How to Combine Honey and Cinnamon for Great Health
2. 13 Ways to Use Honey For Your Health
3. How To Revolutionize Your Health With Honey and Lemon
4. How To Treat Shingles With Manuka and Clover Honey