How to Get Rid of Spiders Naturally
I don’t know about you, but I hate spiders. I’ve always used chemical spider sprays at home or outside that have very unpleasant odors and contain harmful chemicals. However there are several natural spider sprays that contain ingredients that repel spiders. These natural ingredients will not harm you, your family or your pets. Natural spider spray has to be applied more frequently than commercial pesticides, but these are safer and they usually have a better smell.
All spiders have their taste buds on the tips of their legs and there are certain scents they hate, so using those scents will repel the spiders both inside and outside your home. Below you can find the best natural spider pest control methods:
1. Essential oils – Add up to 5 drops of essential oil and up to 5 drops of natural dish washing liquid to 1 qt. (1 l) of water. The following essential oils work well as spider repellents, especially citrus but also Tea tree, Lavender, Cinnamon, Mint , Neem, Peppermint, Spearmint and Citronella. Some people suggest to add vinegar to the mix. The dish washing liquid breaks the essential oil molecules in the water, thus making the mixture more consistent. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake it well. Reapply the natural spider spray once a week. If you are interested to learn more about essential oils you can find useful information in my e-book Magical Aromatherapy. This book will help you to discover the power of essential oils and the most effective ways to use them.
2. Garlic – Put a few cloves of garlic in a spray bottle and add water.
3. Tomato leaves – Blend tomato leaves and mix with 4 pints of water and one tablespoon of cornstarch. Put the natural spider spray in a spray bottle.
4. Citrus juice – Many spiders and insects hate the smell of citrus. You can buy citrus juice (sugarless) or mix any citrus juice with water and put the natural spider spray into a spray bottle.
5. Spicy repellent – suitable especially if you don’t mind the the smell. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar and 2 tbs. of chili powder or hot chili sauce to 1 qt. (1 l) of water and shake until the ingredients are well mixed. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle. This is a very effective natural spider spray.
6. Chewing tobacco – Get a package of pipe or chewing tobacco, soak it in a gallon of boiling water until it cools. Put a cup of tobacco juice and 1/2 cup lemon dish soap into a spray bottle.
Hope you have a spider free zone!
If you hate ants in your home too, please refer to my article how to get rid of ants cheaply and naturally: