Delicious Honey & Cinnamon Weight Loss Drink
Honey and cinnamon are known for their healing abilities. Plus, they are delicious and nutritious. They should feature in every person’s regular diet. You can read my previous post about how to use cinnamon as medicine, including which type of cinnamon is the best for you, as well as my previous article about 13 ways to use honey for your health.
But did you know that, when combined, these two marvels of nature can also be your allies in war on weight? While honey and cinnamon will not do the job alone, in conjunction with the right diet and exercise program, this mixture can help you reach your goal faster. Read on to find out how.
While you’re working hard to shed the unwanted pounds, honey and cinnamon combination can assist you in four ways:
1.If you take the mix in the morning, on an empty stomach, it increases your metabolic rate and promotes fat burning and provides you with a steady supply of energy.
2. Since you don’t experience the infamous sugar crash, the mixture of honey and cinnamon stops in-between meal nibbling and reduces unhealthy cravings. Research published in 2007 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, was one of the studies that showed how cinnamon actually reduces blood sugar levels. As sugar doesn’t build up in the blood, this characteristic supports weight-loss.
3. When taken before workout, honey and cinnamon will give you the energy boost needed to start and complete your exercise session. Increased metabolic rate enhances the effects of the workout.
4. In the evening, cinnamon and honey help you avoid night time cravings and they also reduce hunger pangs by providing your stomach with some (healthy) substance to munch on.
Honey and Cinnamon Mixture for Weight Loss
Mix half a teaspoon of cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is the best) with a cup of hot water. Let it cool down and add a teaspoon of raw, organic honey to the water mixture and stir (cooling to a drinkable temperature will help raw honey keep its nutritional value). Drink the concoction.
When to Take Honey and Cinnamon?
The mixture can be drunk at different times of the day. For best effects, consider consuming it:
– In the morning, about 20-30 minutes before having your breakfast.
– Between meals, especially if you start feeling hungry and you experience food cravings. The mixture will lessen your appetite and also help you stay focused and alert throughout the day.
– Before your aerobic workout, especially if you feel that your energy levels are low. Try to exercise on an empty stomach and abstain from eating for another 30 minutes (or more) after you’ve finished with the session. This helps you burn more calories, as the body doesn’t need to deal with digestion while working out.
– In the evening, before bedtime, so you can get through the night easier and get a good night’s sleep.
Adding cinnamon to your diet is also one of the 70 habits featured in my e-book 70 Powerful Habits For A Great Health which will guide you how to take positive steps to improve your wellness and overall health.
The mixture of honey and cinnamon is also suitable for diabetic patients in moderation and as part of their diabetes eating plan, as described in the study published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition in 2009.
People suffering from diabetes were given honey over a period of eight weeks. They experienced decreases in cholesterol and triglycerides levels and lost body weight more easily compared to the control group. If in doubt, consult your doctor before starting a diet or weight loss program.
If you suffer from belly fat, you can find more information on how lose your belly without counting calories or starving yourself in my e-book Blast Your Belly Fat – this is the ultimate guide for losing belly fat.